View this post on Instagram
Thinking about remodeling?
It’s been a year of the unprecedented. Most of us are finding ourselves spending more time at home than ever before and with extra time on our hands.
Maybe you’re thinking to about remodeling rooms in your home, or you want to get around to getting those jobs done that there has just never been the time for before. Is it possible to remodel safely during Covid-19?
Here are some things to think about when preparing for your remodel and allowing construction workers into your home.
Consider Dust Containment
With any kind of remodeling, dust is always an issue.
It gets everywhere and in everything.
No matter how many precautions you try and take, (or how many rolls of plastic sheeting you put down) you can guarantee, no matter which room you tackle, you’ll be finding dust in your sheets and your dishes.
Thinking about how to contain dust while remodeling is really important and maintaining good indoor air quality should always be one of your first considerations. This is more important than ever when remodeling during Covid-19.
The Dust Defense System is a comprehensive, dust containment system for residential remodeling used by home owners, contractors and tradesmen as a standalone system.
What are the benefits of using a Dust Defense containment system?
😷 Keeps your family safe from germs, dust, mold spores and more by maintaining isolation throughout the project.
🏠 Protects your home and furnishings from debris, dirt, allergens, VOCs, molds and more.
❤️ Keeps kids, pets, heating and air conditioning in the house and out of the project area.
♻️ Reusable and easy to set up!
💵 Affordably priced as an effective containment system.
🕓 Saves time on cleaning and speeds up projects by allowing easier access to tools and materials.
👷♂️ Safe work environment for tradesmen by allowing air circulation and isolation.
🧹 No need to hire house cleaners after the construction is complete!
- Dust Defense is a social distancing solution that provides Home Owners and Contractors a way to work together safely. It allows the tradesmen a direct, contained pathway through the house without having to interrupt anyone else’s space. This can help them to work more quickly and efficiently without disturbing anything in the home.
- Additionally, remodeling stirs up a lot of contaminants in the air such as dust and debris and more harmful ones like silica sand, mildew and mold. Using the Dust Defense containment system means it is possible to keep all of this contained to the project area and out of the rest of the home.
- It keeps kids and pets safe and allows them to still move around the house. Because the tunnel is contained and allows construction workers to open access to the front door, no pets will be able to make their great escape while the work is going on! Additionally, it keeps kids and pets safe and out of the work area.
- It keeps both the heat and the A/C in. If the remodel is happening in the winter, there is no need for everyone in the house to be freezing cold while keeping all the doors and windows open. Also, the air quality in the rest of the house won’t be affected.
- It keeps contaminants and dust out of the rest of the house. This means there won’t be the need to hire a cleaner or go through an excessive clean-up after the project is done (hooray!)
Use Contactless Communication
During Covid-19, work with your contractor using contactless payments and document review and signing instead. When sample materials are brought to your home for you to approve, make sure they are sanitized before handling them. Additionally, masks and social distancing are still an approved and safe way to keep yourself and your family healthy.
Follow CDC Guidelines
This means making sure the house is safe for contractors to work in.
This includes things such as making sure the area where they will be working is clean and disinfected where necessary in advance of them coming to work on your project.
Any workers entering your house should also be making sure they adhere to rules around wearing masks, sanitizing their hands and not coming to work if they are feeling unwell.
A lot of the above is helped by the use of the Dust Defense containment system because it makes having construction workers in your house so much less intrusive than it otherwise would be.
Maintain Social Distancing
The Dust Defense containment system is perfect for maintaining social distancing and has kept the construction industry able to work safely through Covid-19.
Tradesmen will only enter your house through the self-contained tunnel and therefore you will not need to have any close interaction with them.
This means you can continue to go about your daily routine in your house where you need to without the need to think about social distancing. It also means workers can do their job without any disturbances.
Do things remotely where possible!
We have all had to learn how to do more things remotely where we can during the pandemic. From working at home, to family Zoom calls and online grocery orders; things have changed.
This is the same with your remodel. Everything that you can do remotely avoids the need to meet face-to-face and reducing the risk of spread of the infection.
Some things you could think about doing remotely are:
- If using a company to remodel your house, schedule an interview by telephone to discuss the ins and outs of the project.
- Use video calls to show the remodeling company around your house. This will give them a good idea of what you want doing and how best for them to be able to do it. This may mean providing them with measurements they ask for separately.
- Use email or text to share documents that need to be provided.
- Use the phone, video call or email throughout the remodel process to make sure things are going to plan and running smoothly!
So, can you remodel safely during Covid-19?
Yes, you can.
There needs to be extra thought given as to how to make the area safe for both your family and tradesmen while you are living in the home.
Extra precautions need to be taken that you wouldn’t have before such as making sure areas are sanitized and clean at all times.
Using the Dust Defense containment system can be the answer to safely remodeling during Covid-19 as it is a wonderful tool that helps keep homeowners and workers 100% isolated while keeping the workspace clean and sanitary.